Wayne County Help Me Grow Program
Help nurture your child’s health and development for success in life. Help Me Grow is a program for Ohio’s expectant parents, newborns, infants and toddlers that provide health and developmental services so children have the best possible start in life and start school healthy and ready to learn. Help Me Grow provides the building blocks for success for Ohio’s families.
Help Me Grow program components include:
- Prenatal and Postnatal Home Visits to assess the health of newborns and to help offer help to new parents by providing information on child development and available programs and community resources.
- Home Visiting that provides ongoing education on maternal and child health, development, infant stimulation and growth promoting activities, developmental screenings and information and referral to community resources.
- Service Coordination provides for the development of an Individual Family Services Plan and referral, coordination and monitoring of services called for in the plan.
- Family Support Services that may include parent-mentoring, parent to parent support, parent group activities (neighborhood playgroups), transitioning, and transportation.
- Multi disciplinary evaluation for infants and toddlers with suspected developmental disabilities and delays which includes social/emotional, communication, cognitive, physical (vision, hearing, nutrition) and adaptive.
- Specialized Services based upon the needs on individual families.
For more information call (330) 988-1300.