Welcome to the Tri-County Educational Service Center Special Education Information Page! Our office provides direct and consultative services to all school districts in a three county region. We work collaboratively with districts to identify students with disabilities and to provide quality services to those students in a variety of settings.
Parent Mentor Services
The Parent Mentor is the parent of a child with a disability who is available to help families and school districts by providing information, support and training.
The Role of the Parent Mentor
- Guide families through the special education process and explain parents' rights and responsibilities.
- Listen and provide support to families and educators on an individual basis.
- Provide information and resources to families and school personnel on education laws, district programs and services and community resources.
- Attend Individual Education Program (IEP) meetings and other meetings at the request of parent or educational staff.
- Build collaborative partnerships between families, schools and committees to benefit students with disabilities.
- Parent Mentor Services are provided free of charge to families of preschool and school aged children in Wayne, Holmes and Ashland Counties. The Tri-County Parent Mentor Program is funded by a grant from the Ohio Department of Education.
Tri-County Educational Service Center
741 Winkler Dr.
Wooster, OH 44691
330-345-6771 ext. 263
Ohio's Early Learning and Development Standards
Posted: November 1, 2012
Timeline for Implementation
- Programs and teachers become familiar with the new standards.
- Professional development is designed and deployed to support implementation of the new standards.
- Model curricula and other supports are developed by partner state agencies.
- Standards-Curriculum-Assessment-Alignment (SCA-A) Tool and accompanying professional development is created by partner state agencies.
- Early childhood programs align adopted curriculum to the new standards using revised SCA-A Tool.
- New standards in all domains are integrated into early childhood programs.
- On-going professional development is available to support implementation.
Services to Districts